St. Christopher Preschool: Where Little Knights come to play, pray, and learn.
ST. CHRISTOPHER PRESCHOOL WILL MEET THE UNIQUE NEEDS OF EACH CHILD BY TEACHING DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE SKILLS, IN A CARING AND CATHOLIC-BASED SETTING.
The curriculum is based on the Ohio Department of Education’s Early Learning and Development Standards. Through the use of cooperative and center based activities, our program promotes the spiritual, socio-emotional, intellectual, and physical development of each child.
The goal of the St. Christopher Preschool is to make learning fun and engaging so that each child will develop the skills and confidence necessary to be successful learners and Kindergarten ready.
OUR STUDENTS WILL:
- Develop a positive self-image and a desire to learn.
- Develop basic academic and social skills to ensure Kindergarten readiness.
- Increase independence and become comfortable with the routines of a school day.
- Enjoy being part of a group and accept the need to share and cooperate.
- Respect the rights of others and learn self-advocacy skills.
- Grow in their Faith.
- Have fun!
CHILDREN LEARN THROUGH PLAY AND COOPERATION. THE ST. CHRISTOPHER PRESCHOOL’S ENVIRONMENT OF ACTIVE PLAY IS DESIGNED TO STIMULATE AND CHALLENGE VARIOUS DEVELOPMENTAL LEVELS.
The following are some developmentally appropriate activities that children participate in daily in our classrooms:
- Literacy development helps children build an understanding of language and literature. It includes listening, speaking, reading and writing activities. These activities help build skills in areas such as communication, vocabulary, letter recognition and comprehension. Story time is designed to help preschoolers develop an appreciation and enjoyment of literature.
- Math activities include hands-on and real life experiences. These activities also help youngsters develop an awareness of numbers, patterns, and shapes.
- Manipulative activities help students improve visual perception, hand‐eye coordination, problem solving and social skills.
- Circle time is a group gathering during which the day’s plans and ideas are shared. Circle activities are designed to stimulate thinking, enrich social skills and expand attention span.
- Art activities help preschoolers creatively express their thoughts and feelings. It also helps reinforce fine motor skills and concept development in areas such as colors, shapes and size relationships.
- Fine motor activities help improve small muscle development and hand eye coordination. Some common items that can be used in developing these skills include puzzles, laces, pegboards and crayons.
- Gross motor activities give children the opportunity to use their muscles as well as their imaginations as they engage in fun, healthy exercises such as running, jumping and climbing.
- Block play gives children experience with many different concepts such as shape and size discrimination, spatial relationships, number skills, balance and organization. Cooperative play skills, problem solving and creativity are also promoted in block play.
- Music activities promote listening skills, creative expression and social skills. In music children can explore sound, volume, tempo and rhythm.
Admissions Inquiry Form
The St. Christopher Preschool’s environment of active play is designed to stimulate and challenge various developmental levels.
Our Preschool program promotes the spiritual, socio-emotional, intellectual, and physical development of each child.
Children learn through play and cooperation.
St. Christopher “Little Knights” Preschool will be in session from September to May. A school calendar can be found in the Preschool handbook and will also be provided to each family. The Preschool will not be in session on days the St. Christopher Parish School is not in session; including calamity and day school in-service days.
3 Year old classes for the 2023-2024 school year:
- 3 Day/Half-Day Option: Monday-Wednesday, 8:30-11:15
- 3 Day/Full-Day Option: Monday-Wednesday, 8:30-2:45
- 4 Day/Half-Day Option: Monday-Thursday, 8:30-11:15
- 4 Day/Full-Day Option: Monday-Thursday, 8:30-2:45
4-5 Year old classes for the 2023-2024 school year:
- Half-Day Option: Monday –Thursday, 8:30-11:15
- Full-Day Option: Monday – Thursday, 8:30-2:45
- Pre-K Full Day Option: Monday – Thursday, 8:30-2:-45
Aftercare will be available on days the preschool is in session from 2:45 – 5pm. The student must be enrolled in a full-day program to participate.
The tuition schedule for the 2023-2024 school year is as follows:
3 Year Old Preschool
Payment Options: 3 Day/Half-Day 3 Day/Full-Day 4 Day/Half Day 4 Day/Full Day
Monthly (9 months) $244.44 $394.44 $272.22 $455.55
One Time Payment $2,200 $3,550 $2,450 $4,100
4 and 5 Year Old Preschool
Payment Options: 4 Day/Half-Day 4 Day/Full-Day 4 Day/Pre-K
Monthly (9 months) $272.22 $455.55 $488.89
One Time Payment $2,450 $4,100 $4,400
Registration Fee: A non-refundable $100 per Family fee is due at the time of Registration/Re-Registration.
The guidelines and criteria listed below will be followed in regard to admittance of new students to the preschool and day school.
- First, preference is given to current families of the preschool and day school of St. Christopher Parish.
- Next, preference is given to active parishioners of St. Christopher Parish.
- Finally, non-parishioners and non-Catholics may be admitted after touring the facility.
- No child will be refused admission because of race, creed, or national origin.
Acceptance to the preschool and day school is finalized upon completion of registration through Digital Academy, payment of the family registration fee, the criteria listed above and student space within the classroom.
Registration for the 2023-2024 Preschool year is closed. Please contact Michelle Federico at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the wait list.