St. Christopher Preschool: Where Little Knights come to play, pray, and learn.
ST. CHRISTOPHER PRESCHOOL WILL MEET THE UNIQUE NEEDS OF EACH CHILD BY TEACHING DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE SKILLS, IN A CARING AND CATHOLIC-BASED SETTING.
The curriculum is based on the Ohio Department of Education’s Early Learning and Development Standards. Through the use of cooperative and center based activities, our program promotes the spiritual, socio-emotional, intellectual, and physical development of each child.
The goal of the St. Christopher Preschool is to make learning fun and engaging so that each child will develop the skills and confidence necessary to be successful learners and Kindergarten ready.
OUR STUDENTS WILL:
- Develop a positive self-image and a desire to learn.
- Develop basic academic and social skills to ensure Kindergarten readiness.
- Increase independence and become comfortable with the routines of a school day.
- Enjoy being part of a group and accept the need to share and cooperate.
- Respect the rights of others and learn self-advocacy skills.
- Grow in their Faith.
- Have fun!
CHILDREN LEARN THROUGH PLAY AND COOPERATION. THE ST. CHRISTOPHER PRESCHOOL’S ENVIRONMENT OF ACTIVE PLAY IS DESIGNED TO STIMULATE AND CHALLENGE VARIOUS DEVELOPMENTAL LEVELS.
The following are some developmentally appropriate activities that children participate in daily in our classrooms:
- Literacy development helps children build an understanding of language and literature. It includes listening, speaking, reading and writing activities. These activities help build skills in areas such as communication, vocabulary, letter recognition and comprehension. Story time is designed to help preschoolers develop an appreciation and enjoyment of literature.
- Math activities include hands-on and real life experiences. These activities also help youngsters develop an awareness of numbers, patterns, and shapes.
- Manipulative activities help students improve visual perception, hand‐eye coordination, problem solving and social skills.
- Circle time is a group gathering during which the day’s plans and ideas are shared. Circle activities are designed to stimulate thinking, enrich social skills and expand attention span.
- Art activities help preschoolers creatively express their thoughts and feelings. It also helps reinforce fine motor skills and concept development in areas such as colors, shapes and size relationships.
- Fine motor activities help improve small muscle development and hand eye coordination. Some common items that can be used in developing these skills include puzzles, laces, pegboards and crayons.
- Gross motor activities give children the opportunity to use their muscles as well as their imaginations as they engage in fun, healthy exercises such as running, jumping and climbing.
- Block play gives children experience with many different concepts such as shape and size discrimination, spatial relationships, number skills, balance and organization. Cooperative play skills, problem solving and creativity are also promoted in block play.
- Music activities promote listening skills, creative expression and social skills. In music children can explore sound, volume, tempo and rhythm.
Admissions Inquiry Form
The St. Christopher Preschool’s environment of active play is designed to stimulate and challenge various developmental levels.
Our Preschool program promotes the spiritual, socio-emotional, intellectual, and physical development of each child.
Children learn through play and cooperation.
St. Christopher “Little Knights” Preschool will be in session from September to May. A school calendar can be found in the school handbook and will also be provided to each family. The Preschool will not be in session on days the St. Christopher Parish School is not in session; including calamity and day school in-service days.
3 Year Old Class
- 8:15-11:15 Two Day Half-Day Option: Monday-Tuesday
- 8:15-11:15 Three Day Half-Day Option: Monday-Wednesday
- 8:15-11:15 Four Day Half-Day Option: Monday-Thursday
- 8:15-2:45 Three Day Full-Day Option: Monday-Wednesday
- 8:15-2:45 Four Day Full-Day Option: Monday-Thursday
4-5 Year Old Class
- 8:15-11:15 Four Day Half-Day Option: Monday –Thursday
- 8:15-2:45 Four Day Full-Day Option: Monday – Thursday
Extended daycare will be available on days the preschool is in session from 2:45 – 5pm. The student must be enrolled in a full day program to participate.
Preschool registration is closed for the 2021-2022 school year. If you would like to be placed on a waitlist, please contact the school office at 440.331.3075 or email Scott Raiff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The tuition schedule for the 2021-2022 school year is as follows:
Registration Fee: $75 – Non Refundable (Checks Payable to St. Christopher School)
3 Year Old Preschool
Payment Options: Two 1/2 Day Three 1/2 Day Four 1/2 Day Three Full Day Four Full Day
Monthly (9 months) $200 $222 $250 $361 $406
One Time Payment $1,800 $2,000 $2,250 $3,250 $3,650
4 and 5 Year Old Preschool
Payment Options: Four 1/2 Day Four Full Day
Monthly (9 months) $250 $406
One Time Payment $2,250 $3,650